Today’s healthcare teams face a growing need for interprofessional collaboration, creative problem solving, and impactful leadership training to drive organizational performance. SYNC is an innovative, team-based learning experience that teaches collaboration and leadership through hands-on problem solving.
“While we were a relatively close group, we bonded even more, which lets us more easily move issues forward and gives us a cohesive voice.” (CMO Participant)
“I loved SYNC and how it was a catalyst in having us examine our processes and find ways to improve leadership that directly impacted patient care.” (Hospital Participant)
Scholarships Available through the Virginia Department of Health
- A limited number of scholarships to cover full SYNC program tuition are available to qualifying teams from the Virginia Department of Health through a grant from the Center for Disease Control. Note: the tuition cost of SYNC is valued at $5,500 per team.
- In exchange, Scholarship teams agree to focus their SYNC Capstone Project in one of the following areas: 1) Diabetes / Pre-diabetes, or 2) Hypertension/High Blood Cholesterol/Heart Disease/Stroke.
- Each project will be subject to a set of required data reporting for tracking, trending, and analysis purposes.
- For a complete list of projects, measures or to discuss an idea further, visit the Registration page and begin the registration process.
- All submissions will be reviewed by VDH staff and a phone conference will be scheduled to further discuss project ideas and terms of funding.
- Questions may also be directed to Patrick Wiggins, Disease Prevention Strategist at Patrick.Wiggins@vdh.virginia.gov.