Teams that participate in SYNC will learn about:
- The Changing Landscape of 21st Century Healthcare and its Implications for Healthcare Leadership and Strategy
- Interprofessional Collaboration & Teamwork as an Essential Strategic Response to the New Healthcare
- Design Thinking as an Essential Tool for Collaborative Leadership and Strategy
- Personal Leadership Fundamentals as a Starting Point for Effective Collaboration
- Applying these Concepts through a Practical Capstone Project
The design assumes four learning sessions that would run from 1 pm to approximately 5 pm on Friday, and 9 am to 1 pm on Saturday. The design assumes that the Saturday session would include a working lunch. We can adjust these assumptions as recommended by the group. The four sessions are generally organized according to four themes.
- Session 1 presents a big-picture view of Collaborative Leadership for 21st Century Healthcare.
- Session 2 provides a deeper examination of Collaborative Leadership for Clinical Excellence.
- Session 3 provides a deeper examination of Collaborative Leadership for Organizational Excellence.
- Session 4 is focused on Collaborative Teach-back, where the participating teams become the teachers for the day.