Today’s healthcare teams face a growing need for interprofessional collaboration, creative problem solving, and impactful leadership training to drive organizational performance. SYNC is an innovative, team-based learning experience that teaches collaboration and leadership through hands-on problem solving.
“While we were a relatively close group, we bonded even more, which lets us more easily move issues forward and gives us a cohesive voice.” (CMO Participant)
“I loved SYNC and how it was a catalyst in having us examine our processes and find ways to improve leadership that directly impacted patient care.” (Hospital Participant)
- SYNC Tuition Assistance and Associated Requirements
- SYNC Program Summary
- SYNC Opening Session
- SYNC Continuing Education Credits
- Questions? Contact Amy Swierczewski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-377-1053.
- The core of SYNC’s program is built around four hands-on workshops where teams learn about interprofessional collaboration and leadership from our nationally recognized faculty of field practitioners and our knowledgeable support staff.
- From June to August, participants have access to virtual action sessions through the SYNC Learning Portal. These sessions explore new concepts or dive deeper into presented topics to achieve tangible, bottom-line results for organizations.
- SYNC is an immersive learning experience for healthcare teams of 2-5 participants, ranging from practice managers and CMOs to pharmacists and LPNs.
- Organizations are allowed to send more than one team, but each team must include a physician and registered nurse in addition to other clinical and administrative staff you choose to send.
- Teams get the chance to put the latest developments in interprofessional collaboration, leadership fundamentals, and creative problem solving to use during the SYNC Capstone Project.
- Capstone projects let each team identify a current challenge in their organization or community and implement a real-world solution.
- During the final workshop, teams have a chance to present their solution to faculty and SYNC participants.
- Previous Capstone Projects have included:
- Promoting community hypertension management
- Building an interprofessional care consultation team for complex cases
- Creating a community campaign to reduce AMI / coronary death
- Improving patient ﬂow for ED-admitted patients
- Increasing community breast cancer screenings
- Streamlining a prescription refill process
2018 SYNC TOPICS
SYNC participants will strengthen their knowledge and competencies in:
- Interprofessional Collaboration
- Leadership Fundamentals
- 21st-Century Healthcare
- Creative Problem Solving
- Individual and Team Wellness
2018 SYNC SESSIONS
All in-person SYNC sessions are held in Richmond from 8 am to 5 pm at the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association offices.
- Kickoff Reception – Evening of April 12 at Maggiano’s
- Session 1 – April 13
- Session 2 – June 1
- Session 3 – September 14
- Session 4 – October 26
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of VCU Health Continuing Medical Education and The Medical Society of Virginia Foundation. VCU Health Continuing Medical Education is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
VCU Health Continuing Medical Education designates this live activity for a maximum of 27.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits(TM). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Pharmacy Credits: ACPE credits are pending approval
Continuing nursing education will be awarded commensurate with participation. Virginia Nurses Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
A SAMPLE OF PREVIOUS CAPSTONE PROJECTS
++ Promoting community hypertension management
++ Building an interprofessional care consultation team for complex cases
++ Creating a community campaign to reduce AMI/coronary death
++ Improving patient flow for ED-admitted patients
++ Increasing community breast cancer screenings
++ Streamlining a prescription refill process
LEARN MORE ABOUT SYNC
To learn more about SYNC, contact Amy Swierczewski at email@example.com or 804-377-1053.